Benefits Of Mountain Bikes
When buying a new bicycle, you are faced with a variety of choices including road bikes, hybrid bikes and mountain bikes. Each type of bike has its advantages and disadvantages. Here are some of the reasons why buying a mountain bike is worthwhile:
1. A better workout: A mountain bike allows you to ride over rough terrain that road bikes can’t handle. The adage “no pain, no gain” certainly applies here. Inching up inclined terrain and jumping over rocks and stumps will give your body a workout that is generally much more rigorous than riding on flat, smooth surfaces. While cycling is always an excellent workout, you’ll get a superior one by cycling over rough terrains.
2. More options: We like choice – it has become increasingly important to the modern consumer. By choosing a mountain bike over a road bike, you’ll be giving yourself more riding options. While you can choose to ride on smooth surfaces, you won’t be confined to them. You can also take your bicycle off-road and then ride along rugged trails.
3. Stress reduction: By riding your bike on off-road trails, you’ll enjoy the thrill of getting back to nature. Clinical studies have shown that outdoor activities, including all terrain biking, can provide an excellent means of reducing stress levels. Yes, you can also ride road bikes outdoors, but keep in mind that you’ll be limited to smooth surfaces, such as roads and paved bike routes.
4. Medical benefits: Clinical studies prove that biking can provide several health benefits, with mountain biking being especially beneficial. Your upper and lower body gets a workout every time your feet turn the pedals or your arms steer the bike. Also, your muscles become stronger as you guide the bike and maintain your balance. Meanwhile, your heart and lungs get a fantastic workout, as your heart rate increases and your breathing becomes more intense.
5. Financial benefits: Since you’re spending money when you buy a mountain bike, how can bikes provide financial benefits? This is related to the less obvious costs of not exercising. By choosing to cycle, you can help to prevent various illnesses and diseases. This is an especially welcome situation when considering the rising costs of healthcare.
6. Social benefits: Any type of biking can be made into a social event. Whether you’re leisurely trekking across rugged terrain or competing against other bikers, mountain biking provides fantastic exercise which is even better when you share it with others. While modern technology has somewhat alienated people, activities such as cycling can help you to enjoy socialisation with fellow mountain bikers.
These are just some of the major benefits of outdoor cycling, so when weighing up the different types of biking activities available, you should consider the many benefits which you can enjoy with a mountain bike.